Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Default view print layout not showing full page

Yes it is annoying, but once you realize what it is, it is easy to fix. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tom" wrote in message
please help me gid rid of this annoying issue: when i start a new blank
page,
the view is set to page layout view. However, the header and footer are
always cropped. I am so bothered by this truncated view... When i run
winword.exe /a, word opens with a view that I am used to. Hence, I think
the
issue is related to the normal.dot file or an add-in. So, my question is,
how
do i change the way word startsup? I've tried replacing the normal.dot
file
with a new one, but that doesn't seem to work.

Word2003 sp1 running on Xp.

tom