Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I hide first page number?

I don't advise using the Insert | Page Numbers feature for documents
containing more than one section. Instead, check the "Different first page"
box on the Layout tab of Page Setup, then View | Header and Footer and use
the Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar to insert
your page number in the Header or Footer, leaving the First Page
Header/Footer empty.

"cliffhanger314" wrote in message
I want to hide the page number on the first page of each section of my
document. I clicked in a section, went to Insert menu, and clicked Page
Numbers. The Show number on first page box was ALREADY clear. Yet the page
number appears in the header. Any ideas?