Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default updated pages numbers in toc when emailed document

You don't mention which version you are using.
I believe this is a known issue of 2000 and possibly 2003 and could be
because the document is either saved in Reading Layout or opened in this
view. Try saving in another view (ie. Print Layout). To ensure the view is
maintained, change view, do a small edit, such as adding a space, save,
delete edit, save. Then try sending again. Is the recipient opening the
document within the Reading Layout view?

Hope this helps
DeanH

" wrote:

When I email a document to someone the page numbers revert to the first page
number in the TOC. I need to know if there is a way to have the formatting
retained during emailing of the document.