Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default full stops in between every word.

Or if you are trying to type "(" on a Swedish keyboard. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
As for accidents, if you're trying to type an asterisk (on a U.S.
keyboard) and inadvertently have the Ctrl key down, you toggle the
Show/Hide status.

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Most of us leave the ShowAll option enabled all the time because it is
the only way to know what formatting you are using. Otherwise you have
no idea where there are spaces, tabs, line breaks, paragraph breaks, page
breaks, section ends, etc. It is sort of like working blindfolded.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gill Bates" wrote in message
Thank you both Doug and Stefan. It seems strange though, I don't
remember checking the "spaces" box in Word options/display. How on
earth could this have happened by accident?

Gill

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Click Office button | Word Options. In the Display category, clear all
of the check boxes (in particular, "Spaces") under "Always show these
formatting marks on the screen." Click OK.

For more on nonprinting marks, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gill Bates" wrote in message
I must have pressed something I should not have in Microsoft Word 2007,
for
at the moment after every word I type there is a full-stop. I must
emphasise
that I am not physically putting the full-stops in, they are being put
in
automatically by Word.

Does anybody know what I may have pressed by accident and what I need
press to stop it from happening so all the 'full-stops' disappear
between
each word so all that is shown is a blank space between each word as
normal.

Thanks

Gill