Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default full stops in between every word.

Very weird! I'm almost certain that there isn't a keyboard shortcut for
toggling just the spaces. Through the Options dialog is the only way I know
to do it, so that is bizarre. If you do find out, please share the secret
with us.

Terry

"Gill Bates" wrote in message

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Most of us leave the ShowAll option enabled all the time because it is
the only way to know what formatting you are using. Otherwise you have
no idea where there are spaces, tabs, line breaks, paragraph breaks, page
breaks, section ends, etc. It is sort of like working blindfolded.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

I do not understand. It was the 'Spaces' box that was checked within the
Word options Display ShowAll category. I simply unchecked it and that
did the trick. Which part of the ShowAll category option do you leave
enabled? I have them all unchecked now within the category that includes
'Spaces' as shown above. Everything seems to be working okay now.

Thanks

Gill