You can, however, create AutoCorrect entries for the fraction characters
(thirds and eighths) that are included in most Unicode fonts.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
I have the auto correct function turned on and the boxes checked on
the selection list. When I type a common fraction such as 1/2, 1/4,
3/4, the auto correct changes the format to a fraction character as
it should. However, it won't work when I type in 3/5, 7/8, 13/16,
etc. Why doesn't it correct any fraction?

It doesn't work for any fraction because AutoCorrect is just doing a
replacement of what you typed with a single-character fraction, and most
fonts contain single-character fractions only for the few most common

ones.

There are a couple of ways -- not AutoCorrect, but more complicated -- to
get other fractions. See these articles:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm
http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm

--
Regards,