Luc

PopS,
Hi again, using Word 2003 here.
Tested again here, the text does not jump around, when the page is full a
new page is started without the lines of course. But I am guessing you only
want the first page to cascade.
I must say that I am not using any kind of centering. When the two lines are
set one allowing textflow to the right (the left line) and one allowing
textflow to the left (the right line) all you have to do is type in your
text and edit to hearts content.
The moment you have chosen Tight (thanks again Doug) you click on advanced,
select the second tab of the dialogue, near the bottom there should be four
ways to wrap text it's the middle two you need.
Luc
"PopS" schreef in bericht
Hi Luc,

No need for apologies - I'm quite happy with just discovering a
way to do this with some automation. My way, with manual line
breaks, is a real pain if I have to go back and fix an error,
especially if it's adding or deleting an entire word.

What version of Word are you working in?

I'm interested in this enough to spend some time getting my head
around how it works & why, but just can't seem to find the time
(working weekend here), but I should be free by next week.
If I can't either get it to work your way or any way for that
matter g, and keep the text from jumping off onto the next
page, I'll be back and maybe we can try some empiracal tests back
and forth to help me figure it out?

TIA,

PopS

"Luc" wrote in message
: PopS,
: Sorry for the wrong wording, I am translating best I can since
I use the
: Dutch version. The said "contour" icon is the third from the
left in the
: mentioned tab.
: I tested again here, using the method I described, and nothing
jumps around
: even with long sentences or paragraphs. It's stays solid as a
rock.
: Luc
:
:
: "PopS" schreef in bericht
: ...
: Hi Luc,
:
: I ass-u-me you're talking about 2003, right? I have 2002 and
: there is no "countour" under the Format AutoShape menues,
: therefore it doesn't work as you stated, but:
:
: it DOES work in 2002 if you instead select the left line and
: then use Set AutoShape Defaults. There is a caveat or two:
Too
: long a sentence or paragraph (several lines) will jump
everything
: outside of the shape and push it to the next page on you.
: Anything that can't be fit in the space provided by the
triangle
: "jumps" outside the triangle and in the process seems to take
: everything else with it.
: I only spent a few seconds with it, so it's probably easy
: anchor the triangle to keep it from blowing away in the winds
of
: the ether. I suspect there's more to learn about it - and
I'm
: glad to discover something I never thought about before.
:
: That said, NEAT! I never thought about doing it that way and
: just used Centering and the Enter key before this.
:
: Good tip!
:
: Pops
:
:
: "Luc" wrote in message
: ...
: : HT,
: : Draw two lines with the line tool on the Drawing toolbar.
First
: from top
: : left to middle bottom, second from top right to middle
bottom.
: : Select the left line, rightclick it, choose Format
AutoShape,
: choose third
: : tab from the left, click on the contour icon, now click on
: advanced, choose
: : only to the right in the section for wrapping text. Now do
the
: same with the
: : line on the right, but set this on to wrap text only to the
: left of the
: : line.
: : To make the lines disappear in the same menu choose colors
and
: lines tab and
: : change the color to white.
: : Luc
: : "HT" schreef in bericht
: : ...
: : Word2003
: : WindowsXP
: :
: : This is what a cascading paragraph looks like.
: :
: : xxxxxxxxx
: : xxxxxxxx
: : xxxxxx
: : xxx
: : x
: :
: : I need to create this because it will be on the 1st page
of
: an Offering
: : Statement.
: :