Saeed

In message , Suzanne S. Barnhill
writes
If I correctly understand what you're trying to do, it is simpler to do this
using a simple merge. If you create a single-row table containing your merge
fields and generate a catalog/directory merge, you will get one table row
for each data record. You then go back and add the table headings.

Thanks Suzanne, two follow on questions

1. Can I invoke this catalog/directory merge via calls to a VBA module.

2. Can I have multiple tables of different types (rows and columns) each
with placeholders/merge fields for different queries being inlcuded in
the same document?

As an aside (and just an aside - I'm just trying to fit in with the way
things are done and get the job done) ,the reason why VBA is important
is because the client uses a Java tool that maps Java to VBA for
invoking an application that produces word documents with merged fields
from an Oracle database. New documents require that the designer produce
a VBA module that does the basic word, and then this can be easily
tramslate to the Java stuff for inclusion in the application.

Saeed

ng_786