Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jon_banquer

Default Need Help From Word Experts

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I think you still don't understand. You don't create a new level 2 style
based on Heading 2 (or anything else). You use the built-in Heading 2 style
modified to suit your purposes. If you want Heading 2 to have 6 pts Space
Before and After, then modify it accordingly.

Doing what you describe I would end up with *multiple Heading 2
Styles*. This is what my document now has. The problem I have is how to
name the Heading 2 Style to describe what it does (Heading 2 to have 6
pts Space Before and After, Heading 2 to have 6pts Space After, etc. )
so that the my Heading 2 Style names are *not changed* by MS Word. I
also am unclear on what to do when different styles follow an instance
of a Heading 2 Style.

When I do this in Open Office Writer it does not change my Heading 2
Style names like MS World does.

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona