robin

Default Header and Footer

I have Office 2003.

I am trying to access the header and footer feature in Word but when I
choose View\header and footer\insert auto text\filename and path i get this
message:
filename\p
but it does not give me the actual name and path of the file. I toggled the
Alt F9 but it does not change the coding in the header. I even went to
Tools\options\view tab and checked and uncheck the box that says "field
codes" but nothing change. I hightled the code in the header box and toggled
the field codes on and off and the coding in the header never changed. Is
there something that I am missing? It has something to do with the profile
b\c when I log on to the same computer but with a different profile the
toggle of 'field code' works but it is only with the other profile that we
have the problem. Is there a registry setting that I can check either under
his profile or somewhere else?
Can you help me?

Thanks for your help