Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

Default email directly out of Word 2007

OE 6 is my default email program, in fact, it's my only email program. When
I go to the "button" and click on "send", the email option(s) is greyed out.
I link you suggested appears to deal with Outlook, not Outlook Express.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
It is usually possible to Send To Email Recipient from Word 2007 using
either Outlook 2007 or Outlook Express 6. Why do you think you are S-O-L
? As a guess:

First, set Outlook Express as your default email program in Windows. Then
see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918792 "The 'E-mail' command is
missing or is unavailable in Excel 2007, in PowerPoint 2007, or in Word
2007".

Jan Groshan wrote:
I know I can email a Word 2007 file directly from Word through Outlook,
but what if the only email program I have is Outlook Express? Am I S-O-L
?