Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

Default email directly out of Word 2007

I'll give it a try.....and pray I don't screw things up ! Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It is quite safe provided you follow the instructions. Print out the
article and just do what it says. MS wouldn't provide the instructions if
you weren't expected to do it.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
Playing with the registry is too scary ..........

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Method 2 in that KB article doesn't seem to require that you use
Outlook.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
OE 6 is my default email program, in fact, it's my only email program.
When I go to the "button" and click on "send", the email option(s) is
greyed out. I link you suggested appears to deal with Outlook, not
Outlook Express.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote
in message ...
It is usually possible to Send To Email Recipient from Word 2007 using
either Outlook 2007 or Outlook Express 6. Why do you think you are
S-O-L ? As a guess:

First, set Outlook Express as your default email program in Windows.
Then see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918792 "The 'E-mail'
command is missing or is unavailable in Excel 2007, in PowerPoint
2007, or in Word 2007".

Jan Groshan wrote:
I know I can email a Word 2007 file directly from Word through
Outlook, but what if the only email program I have is Outlook
Express? Am I S-O-L ?