Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default error message; print problem

See €śNormal.dot Template€”Explained€ť at

http://word.mvps.org

"Acipriani" wrote in message
I don't know what "Normal template" is, and don't understand how to do
this -
perhaps you can explain, give further direction/instruction. Thanks.
--
AC

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Since you have been experimenting with macros, try renaming the Normal
template (with Word closed). Does that make a difference?

To locate the Normal template, you can search for it in Windows (Windows
key
+ F). Be sure to search hidden files and folders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Acipriani" wrote in message
Yes, I did look to create some (shortcut) Macros, but could not figure
it
out; the original ones (key board types for certain words/phrase) were
lost
when the transfer was done.
--
AC

"vttotal" wrote:

It appears that your Microsoft Office has some corrupt or missing
files
in
your programs file folder. I would recommend backing up all your
information
and uninstalling and re-installing Office. Just to have a better
understanding, did you try modifying anything in Word in terms of
Macros?

Hope this info helps,
--
Vicente Tulliano

"Acipriani" wrote:

The following began appearing about/after the time I transferred
info
from
one computer to another:

1) at the close of Microsoft Word 2002 (Microsoft Windows XP
Professional),
the following appears:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program: C:\Program files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\WINWORD.EXE
abnormal program termination

2) After printing 1 or 2 docs with HP psc 1315 all in one, no
further
docs
print (they appear in HP window waiting to print) unless, until I
shut
down
both printer and computer, restart both, then the docs print
automatically.
I've since removed and re-installed the hp software, but still have
printing
prob.
This printing prob started about time the Error Message started
AC

.