Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default How Can I Leave Pasted Text Selected?

One alternative I did just happen to think of: Once you paste, click the
Paste Options button & select "Apply Style or formatting..." - that will
select what you just pasted (but brings up the Styles & Formatting Task
Pane, which you don't need). How you might work that into a macro I'm not
sure.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"cblocher" wrote in message
news
I've tried everything...Paste Special doesn't remove the line breaks and I
have a macro to remove those, but I wanted to preceed that macro with one
that would select the pasted text.

Since the pasted text is always a different size, I can't standardize the
macro and prompting to count lines isn't reasonable, so if there was a way
force Word to keep the pasted text selected, that's the golden ticket.

Sounds like the only way out is to have a macro create a new document,
paste
the text, select all, run the line-break-removal macro, select all, copy,
close the new doc without saving and then paste the results into the
destination.

Thanks for trying though.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Don't know of any way to do so - "selection" isn't a concept with which
the
clipboard is familiar... all it knows is "content":-) Have you tried
using
Edit Paste Special - Unformatted Text (or Unformatted Unicode Text)
rather
than just slapping the stuff in?

If this is content being copied from the web you may find the following
be useful:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"cblocher" wrote in message
Whenever I paste copied text into a Word document, the insertion point
moves
to the end of the pasted text. How can I get Word to paste the text and
leave
it selected?

Typically after pasting, I select the pasted text and do a Search and
Replace to remove unnecessary paragraphs/line breaks from the pasted
text.

Thanks,

Chris