Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default How Can I Leave Pasted Text Selected?

If you use a macro to paste the text anyway, you could try to use something
like the following to paste the text. Before pasting, the code stores the
position of the selection start. After pasting, the start of the selection is
set to the stored position, i.e. the selection is extended to include all you
have pasted.

Dim nPos As Long
With Selection
nPos = .Start
.Paste
.Start = nPos
End With

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"cblocher" wrote:

I've tried everything...Paste Special doesn't remove the line breaks and I
have a macro to remove those, but I wanted to preceed that macro with one
that would select the pasted text.

Since the pasted text is always a different size, I can't standardize the
macro and prompting to count lines isn't reasonable, so if there was a way to
force Word to keep the pasted text selected, that's the golden ticket.

Sounds like the only way out is to have a macro create a new document, paste
the text, select all, run the line-break-removal macro, select all, copy,
close the new doc without saving and then paste the results into the
destination.

Thanks for trying though.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Don't know of any way to do so - "selection" isn't a concept with which the
clipboard is familiar... all it knows is "content":-) Have you tried using
Edit Paste Special - Unformatted Text (or Unformatted Unicode Text) rather
than just slapping the stuff in?

If this is content being copied from the web you may find the following to
be useful:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"cblocher" wrote in message
Whenever I paste copied text into a Word document, the insertion point
moves
to the end of the pasted text. How can I get Word to paste the text and
leave
it selected?

Typically after pasting, I select the pasted text and do a Search and
Replace to remove unnecessary paragraphs/line breaks from the pasted text.

Thanks,

Chris