Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KimB64 KimB64 is offline

Default Problems with numbering INSIDE OF paragraph text

I want to be able to number within a paragraph, using either numbers or
letters without a trailing period or any other type of separator. I found
information that doing this requires the use of the AutoNumLgl field and
using the /e switch to eliminate the period. However, whenever I do that,
the end result is something that looks like the following (the problem is
inside of the quotations - in other words, it gives me three periods/spaces
prior to the capital letter A, which is all I'm looking for in the automatic
numbering):

This section is titled ". . . A" Pricing Information.

What it should look like is:
This section is titled A: Pricing Information.
(Understand that I could/would manually type in the colon.)

In other words, what I'm trying to automatically number is the "A:" part of
the sentence. I can get text that says "A." but when I do the "/e" switch to
eliminate the trailing period, what I get is " . . . A" instead of "A"