Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Locking all footer field codes

I suspect a macro must be used for this. But, since the page numbers are also
fields, you probably don't want to lock or unlink *all* field codes in the
footers. (A locked or unlinked page field will show the same page number for all
pages.)

If you explained more in detail why you want to prevent the fields from
updating, that would make it easier to suggest an approach...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"domdagbui" wrote in message ...

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could advice me on how to lock/unlink all field
codes in the footers of my 1600page document.

A different footer appears on the first page of each section of the
document (about 140 in all). I can go to each one manually and hit
CTRL+F11 to lock but there are just too many of them and getting to each
one takes a lot of scrolling.

Any advice please?
Desperate for answers just now

domdagbui