simonmccrum simonmccrum is offline
Junior Member

Default Sorting data problems

hi,

I'm not posting this in the tables forum because i'm not sure if the answer lies there.

I am learning a new language and slowly building up a vocab list. I would like to have four columns of text on each page, first column will be the Indonesian word, second column the English equivalent. These two columns sorted by column 1 in alpha order.

Columns 3 and 4 will be the reverse of the other two, ie English first then Indonesian and sorted by column 3, ie the English version.

I have tried to do this with a table and four columns and if I sort columns 3 and 4 it sorts the whole table including columns 1 and 2.

I have tried dividing the page into two columns and then a table with two columns in each page column. this works okay until the list is longer than the page as the text from columns 1 and 2 then carry on into columns 3 and 4!

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

SMc