Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Center won't work in FIND

Charles & Suzanne,

Let's try this again:

The FIND box can be used to find formatting -- click CONTROL plus
the format letter (Control + Center, left, right, justify, bold,
italic, etc). And it turns the formatting ON in the FIND box.
Click the control + whatever AGAIN, and the FIND box says "NOT
whatever".
On my computer, I can FIND "Not Justified", "Not Bold", etc. I
cannot find "Not centered".
WHERE is my not centered?

Charles -- FYI, -- I've got a bunch of cases from Westlaw that need to
be formatted better. They arrive with direct formatting and no
styles. I'm setting up some macros to help me by applying styles.
One of them macros involves finding some text that is NOT centered.

PS: I'm getting old, Charles; I'm the oldest law student in my
school. I'm older than some of the Professors. My eyes are old.
Plus, I've got a vision problem that is impairing my ability to work
on-screen and sometimes in print. I am getting around this by
tweaking my settings and getting the biggest frigging monitor that
they make.

My doownload options are Courier or TNR, neither of which I can read
on screen worth a damn; and I can't read the TNR when it's printed out
at all. I need to get these things into a larger font.

Please reconsider my request, re-think using ^c in the FIND box, and
let's see if we can get my ^c to work so that ^c^c gives me "not
centered."

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:54:59 -0500,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Centering is not an either/or thing. There are four possible alignments, of
which Centered is one; if it's not centered, it's left- or right-aligned or
justified.

NOT Center would find L, R, J. That's okay by me.