Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tony B Tony B is offline

Default Losing Date Format Upon Mailmerge

Wow! thank you Graham. It worked like a charm!

Note: I had to re-start (refresh) mailmerge and refresh recipient list,
where I selected DDE method.

p.s. - I wonder why one column of dates was merging as shown in Excel,
while two other columns were not. 'as though some fields were automatically
in DDE, and some were not. just a curiosity.

Really appreciated your help.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

From the Pizza button inWord 2007, select Word Options and then go to the
Advanced tab General and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at
open" item. Then when you attach the data source to the mail merge main
document, you will be given the option of using the DDE method of connection
which should read the data as you have it formatted in the table.

Tony B wrote:
Good day,

Using Excel/Word 2007

I have 3 date columns in Excel sheet, formatted as dd/mm/yyyy. Upon
mailmerge, one column retains this date format into the Word doc.
However the other two date columns appear as gregorian format - I
think that's the name? e.g. 1/18/2008 in Excel sheet, appears
39455 in the Word doc. I have double-checked the format in the Excel
dates, without luck. Really appreciate it -