Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Word formatting problem

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

"Tom Brown" wrote in message
We have been using MS Word for years on another computer and we just got a
new machine. So, I loaded Office 2003 and the first time I opened an
existing document, I see formatting symbols that I have never seen before.

Specifically, I see the Paragraph symbol at the end of each paragraph and
the CR (carriage return, enter, whatever you call it ) symbol at the end

of
all the other lines.

I am using the Normal view and can't find any way to get rid of those
formatting symbols. If I go to the Reading Layout, it looks normal.

TIA,

Tom