Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Adding break characters to Word

Ah, good point, of course.

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Well, Word is quite happy to break a line at the "No Width Optional
Break," so it works for me (though I rarely use it).

For the time being, it does... Until MS fixes the mess.
U+200C isn't supposed to mark a word break, so it shouldn't affect how
Word breaks the line.

And I have always wondered whether the break would make the URL
nonclickable (if it were clickable); what you quoted suggested to me that
it would not (in the same mysterious way that wrapped URLs in these NG
posts can still be clickable). Obviously, I haven't wondered enough to
bother to test it. g

Once a hyperlink is inserted (say by using the AutoCorrect Option
AutoFormat as you type), the display text and the actual hyperlink are
separate, so if you then insert the Unicode character (whichever you
choose), the link will continue to work.
If I'd need to, I'd stick with U+200B (... type 200B, then Alt+X).

Klaus