Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word 2007 is "More intuitive??"

I am about to purchase a new Notebook: guess what I'll be installing...

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"starcat" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The experience seems to be that the new UI is more intuitive for
brand-new users and not too difficult for casual users to get used to.
Longtime power users, the ones who knew where every command was on every
menu and where every button was in every dialog or on every toolbar (and
had their toolbars and menus extensively customized), are the ones who
are really suffering.

We're not just suffering - we're giving up. I have tried, I really have,
to adjust to the new interface, but I've come to loathe it so much I've
gone back to Word 2003. If Microsoft doesn't improve this in their next
version, then when 2003 is not working for me any longer, I will have to
seriously look elsewhere for my word processing needs. I never thought I
would ever give up on any version of Word, but I'm giving up now. (I've
been a power user since Word 3.0, so it's a painful epiphany that Word
isn't the right program for me any more.)