Me, too. But sometimes users want .8" intervals for coding or some other
special requirement.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
I had forgotten that there even was a setting for changing the default tab
interval. I simply set tabs where I want them and if I need greater
intervals I usually use a table rather than multiple tabs.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You cannot change the default tab interval through a style; that setting
is
not available in Format | Style | Modify | Format: Tabs.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
1. Change the normal style to have that setting and save it as a

default.

2. Better yet, prepare a custom document template with all styles you

use
set for your tabs and use that template for creating new documents.

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Zigmund" wrote in message
How does one set a *permanent* default tab setting? I want my tabs to
be
.25"
(not .5") in EVERY document I create, and I do not want to have to

change
the
"default" everytime each time I create a new document. Does anyone

know
how
to accomplish this? Thanks.