Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scrappydeb scrappydeb is offline

Default can no longer c&p in equation editor!

I'm really distraught and can't figure out what the problem is. I use
equation editor in Word (93, running under Windows XP) ALL the time (I'm a
math teacher). I have always been able to select part of an equation, copy
it with the keyboard shortcut cntl-c, and then paste it with cntl-v to either
a different equation object, or a different place in the same object. I use
this a lot, as I might be creating an answer key and need to show the problem
step by step with just a minor change in each step, or repeat a term, etc.

Earlier today I was working on something, and I think I was in an equation
object, when I got the Word Message of Death that there was an error, had to
shut down, etc. I didn't think much of it since I had recently saved,
re-opened my document and went about my business. however, since then, I can
no longer c&p any part of an equation object! It allows me to cntl-c, but
when I cntl-v, it just bounces me out of the equ object and back into the
document!

My husband says that when he uses equation editor at work, he c&p's from the
menus, never the keyboard shortcuts, so he suggested I try that to see if it
would work. But in my version, when I'm in an equation object, I can't even
access a copy or paste menu command.

This is a HUGE problem for me, given the way I write my
quizzes/exams/worksheets and what I'm used to! ACK! Any suggestions would
really be appreciated!!