Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge order

Use a Query in Access to get the records into the order that you want them.
Access also has a Label Report Wizard that can probably be used to do what
you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kathy G" wrote in message
I have a large file that I exported from Access that contains Student Names
and their degrees. I need to do a mail merge to place the names into a
seating chart for graduation. The seating chart is a table that I have
created. My problem is that I need the names to be inserted from bottom
top and right to left. Which is just backwards from the normal way. Any
suggestions would really be appreciated. I have tried sorting them in
inverse order but then my back row which is the top is filled and the
front
row has just a few.