Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Hidden bookmarks don't display

As far as I have experienced, that is how it works in Word 2003 and older
versions too. It seems that once you have deselected and again selected the
Hidden bookmarks check box in a document, the hidden bookmarks will remain
visible in that document.

I cannot tell why it works this way, only that it is not a new Word 2007
behaviour.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"wordspinster" wrote:

I am working in several old documents created in Word 2000 or 2003, using
2007. When I open the document I can see there are bookmarks left over from
whatever document was used as the original template. I click the Insert tab
on the ribbon, and select Bookmark, and not all bookmarks are displayed in
the dialog box, even though the Hidden box is selected. I have to clear and
then re-select the Hidden box to show all the bookmarks. Anybody know why?

janet