If you are satisfied with Word 97, there is no good reason to upgrade to
Word 2002 or 2003, but see
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...o/compare.mspx. I would be
leery of buying from any site that sends spam. Instead, research for
yourself using Google and buy from a reputable site or (as Chuck suggests)
from a local source such as BestBuy, Office Depot, etc.

FWIW, if you don't need any other Office apps, the most economical way to
acquire Word (2002) is as part of Works Suite 2005 (see
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001), which
you can get for as little as $70 (possibly even less) after the mail-in
rebate.

"Jackson" wrote in message

I have XP Home in which I am using an old version of Word 97 which I

loaded
from an old disk. It works fine still, but I have a couple of questions --

1) Would I find much benefit in buying the latest Word?

2) If so, is this site selling genuine copies?
http://1bj.biz.allsofte.com/ They keep on emailing me!

3) or would it be safer to buy from the MS site?

Many thanks

+Jackson+