Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default unable to come out of full screen view

Turn Off Full Screen Mode
Full screen mode displays as much of your document on the screen as
possible. In this mode, Word removes screen elements like the menu bar,
toolbars, and scroll bars. To restore your toolbars and menus, turn off full
screen mode.
€¢ If a document is open, do one of the following: €¢ Press ALT+V to display
the View menu, and then press U to turn off full screen mode.
€¢ If the Full Screen toolbar is visible, click Close Full Screen.

€¢ If a document is not open, follow these steps: 1. Press CTRL+N to start a
new document.
2. Press ALT+V to display the View menu, and then press U to turn off full
screen mode.

Quit and restart Word. If Word starts correctly, you have resolved the
issue. The issue is that Word was closed when full screen mode was active,
and Word retained that setting.

For more information about full screen mode, see the following article
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
290947 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290947/) Menus and toolbars
disappear and "Repeat Value:8" is displayed on Status bar

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Satya" wrote:

Some how my MSWord 2000 went into Full Screen View. I am not able to come out
of it. F10 is not working. Escape is not working. I have removed and
reinstalled Office 2000 and still have the same proble. Basically when I open
Word, all I get is a full blank screen. No tool bars, no menu bars.