Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mail Merge

There should be no need to redo the merge document. Simply re-attach the
data file. You can easily do this from the merge toolbar - see

Dan Morris wrote:
I am using Word 2003. I have been using a letter that merges from a
second word document for 2 years. I could open the form letter and
it automatically linked to the source doucument that I previously
updated. I could then click on merge to new doucument and have my
new updated letter automatically.

After a recent upgrade, I am forced to go through each of the mail
merge steps to do the same thing. My letter has all the fields, but
it is not attached to the source document. I have tried creating a
new merge document and attaching the source document, but I get the
same result.

I am forced to create a new document, link it to the old source file,
etc.

I never had to do this with the prior version.

What is the solution?