Stefan Blom

You can add a right indent to the relevant TOC styles, which will make
the table of contents look better:

Heading text heading text heading text heading text
heading text heading text heading text.......................#

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"srd" wrote in message
newsp.svwn7liy9bhpqa@jq0arm4...
Section headings in legal briefs tend to be long. When creating a

table of
contents using the native heading styles, Word doesn't automatically

break
the lines, and the entries crowd their page numbers. My workaround is

manually break the entries, but when I update the contents, the line
breaks revert. Is there a way to get Word to automatically break the
entries or at least to avoid having them revert?

Stephen