Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George A. Yorks

Default WHow can i find the default saving folder for Word?

My wife tried to save an attachment, word document, using save as. Was saved
in a folder #Q7ynatyr. How to find this folder.
--
George

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

If the user can remember a bit of the file name, or a couple of words that
were changed, Start Search filename *.doc containing: couple of words.
"havenlad" wrote in message
A user has received a word attachment and has altered it, saved it without
using save as and closed word. They can't remember where it went,
although I
believe its My docs, temp internet files, random folder but he can't
access
that folder on his pc (come to think of it, I can't access it on mine).
How
does he search for the file and why can't he see the folder?

Thanks