Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default WHow can i find the default saving folder for Word?

But did you reattach the Word file from its new location or did you just
forward it on?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in message
We started over again with new e-mail attachment saved it into ms word,
made
changes and sent it out as an e-mail attachment using outlook express.
Not
only did the message not get to the adresse (thinks that correct spelling)
but message can't be located in sent file. We feel as though we are snake
bitten.
--
George

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is why we recommend that you never open attachments directly but
instead save them to the hard drive before opening. No matter how many
times
you save a file opened from an attachment, it is saved in a temporary
folder
and deleted when you quit Word.

so
all may benefit.

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. While the document sved was an attachment to an

e-mail
it was modified in ms word. While I have not located the desired file

have
located one saved and modified under similar circumstance but when
opening

it
it asks for "what program" when then opened only a few symbols appear
no
text. Any help appreciated
--
George

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi George,

The normal default save folder for new Word documents is listed in

Tools=Options=File locations.

For the folder name you listed, that would likely be an Internet

Explorer temporary file storage folder. That behavior might happen
if you opened an email attachment without first saving the attachment

your disk.

If your Internet Explorer temporary files have been cleared the file
is

likely gone. You can check in Internet Explorer through
Tools=Internet Options=general=
Temporary Internet Files=Settings=View files
to review what is there.

You may also be able to find it using Start=Search if you know the
file

name.

========
"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in
message

My wife tried to save an attachment, word document, using save as.
Was

saved
in a folder #Q7ynatyr. How to find this folder.
--
George
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control

http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net