Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default WHow can i find the default saving folder for Word?

Since I've jumped in to this conversation at mid-stream, which e-mail
program do you normally use?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in message
Appreciate this information. I now feel comfortable with handling e-mail
attachments but is this last situation when I sent the e-mail there is no
record of it being sent, in the outbox it's non-existant. Is there no way
locate a sent message that is in limbo somehere
--
George

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Opening e-mail attachments, editing them and mailing them back can be
tricky. It's best to save the attachment first, open it in the
appropriate
program (or Windows Explorer), make your changes, save it - and then you
can
use the Send To - Mail recipient. And like I said, because there are
known
issues with the (proper) attachment, I would send an email with an
attachment instead of Send to.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in message
No We did not. The e-mail message should be somewhere.
--
George

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you save it again before sending?

To be honest, with a history of the file not being received, I would
not
have sent it as an email attachment instead of Send To - Mail
recipient.
But
that's just me.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in message
After making changes went to file, send,mail recipient(as
attachment)
--
George

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

But did you reattach the Word file from its new location or did you
just
forward it on?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in message
We started over again with new e-mail attachment saved it into ms
word,
made
changes and sent it out as an e-mail attachment using outlook
express.
Not
only did the message not get to the adresse (thinks that correct
spelling)
but message can't be located in sent file. We feel as though we
are
snake
bitten.
--
George

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is why we recommend that you never open attachments
directly
but
instead save them to the hard drive before opening. No matter
how
many
times
you save a file opened from an attachment, it is saved in a
temporary
folder
and deleted when you quit Word.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in
message
Thanks for the reply. While the document sved was an
attachment
an
e-mail
it was modified in ms word. While I have not located the
desired
file
have
located one saved and modified under similar circumstance but
when
opening
it
it asks for "what program" when then opened only a few symbols
appear
no
text. Any help appreciated
--
George

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi George,

The normal default save folder for new Word documents is
listed
in
Tools=Options=File locations.

For the folder name you listed, that would likely be an
Internet
Explorer temporary file storage folder. That behavior might
happen
if you opened an email attachment without first saving the
attachment
your disk.

If your Internet Explorer temporary files have been cleared
the
file
is
likely gone. You can check in Internet Explorer through
Tools=Internet Options=general=
Temporary Internet Files=Settings=View files
to review what is there.

You may also be able to find it using Start=Search if you
know
the
file
name.

========
"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote
in
message
My wife tried to save an attachment, word document, using
save
as.
Was
saved
in a folder #Q7ynatyr. How to find this folder.
--
George
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control

http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net