Jay Freedman

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 06:13:04 -0700, Dannie
wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003, and am having difficulty in removing a red
dotted line that comes up in my address logo, a red dotted line underscores
my street name, and date. I can't find how to remove it, or in fact where
else to look as I have used the Help feature without success. I would like
to remove it so that it does not show up on my emails. If anyone can help
advise me I'd be greatful.

Those underlines indicate "smart tags", places where the Office Smart
Tag system has recognized something. When you hover the mouse cursor
over the underlined text, you'll see an i-in-circle icon, and clicking
that will give you a menu of actions you can select. In the case of an
address, for example, you could insert a map.

To turn them off, go to Tools AutoCorrect Options and click the
Smart Tags tab, then clear the checkbox for "Label text with smart
tags". Alternatively, you could just suppress their underlines: Go to
Tools Options, on the View tab, and clear the box for "Smart tags"
in the Show section.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman