Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline

Default Question About Hidden Text

I tried a quick test and this seems to work. You may to experiment with it
some more.

1. Create a new character style, based on Hyperlink, with the font attribute
set to hidden. Let's say you name it Hidelink

2. When creating your hyperlink, put the actual URL address in the text
field, following the display text, for example: Click this link
www.somedomain.com/somepage/

3. After inserting your link, apply the hidelink style to the text from the
blank in front of up to .

4. When ready to print hard copy, turn on VIEWING of hidden text.

5. Run a replace command, replacing format Hidelink with format Hyperlink.

6. Create your PDF.

7. To re-hide the links, reverse the replacement and uncheck viewing of
hidden text.
--
TedMi

"Redleg" wrote:

Hi, I am creating an ebook with a large number of embedded URL links. They
point to additional information or to affiliate product links. When done
I'll create a PDF and publish it. OK, that's fine. But.... I want to be
able to do print copies the book and I need to be able to show the full text
of the link (instead of assigning it to a text phrase). So I'd like to be
able to hide the full links when I create the PDF and then have them display
where ever I chose to when printing a hard copy. I thought of using
footnotes for the full links which will certainly work, but I'd like
something more graceful.

Thanks

Rich