Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default After semi-colon, do I capitalize the first word of the 2nd sen.?

And by the way, Word does not incorporate an expert system to answer
questions about grammar. It merely highlights some things it thinks are
wrong -- and unfortunately it's often wrong about that!

"aalaan" wrote in message
It's not now a sentence as you combined it, so no. Just capitalise the
beginning of the first part.

"justme" wrote in message
I was just trying to figure out a simple grammar question and could not
find
a way to ask Word 2003 my question. My question is simply:

When I've combined two sentences with a semi-colon, is it proper to
capitalize the first word of the second sentence or not?