Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Barnet Barnet is offline

Default Newbie macro help please

Thanks Terry and Suzanne,

I should say that I use MS Word 2007, so I don't have the Tools etc. pathway
to go. I found the dialogue that allowed me to erase previous attempts at
making macros, so that's good.

Suzanne, to be clear, I use the standard way of doing page numbers that
involves clicking on the Insert tab, then page numbering, then waiting while
the options load, then selecting bottom center, my consistent choice. I just
want to automate the process, so while your suggestion makes sense it doesn't
really save me the clicks. OTOH, the notion of creating a template makes
sense.

However, I'd still like to find out why I'm having trouble recording this
simple macro, since I'd probably make some other ones to automate certain
common tasks. That's the reason for macros, right?

So if someone still might help me figure out what's going wrong with my
current attempt I'd be very grateful.

Barnet