Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ann Scharpf Ann Scharpf is offline

Default Editing Alternative to Power Point?

MS Office is backwards compatible all the way to 97. This means that your
files will be readable to the current version of the software. I am running
XP so I am not sure whether Word 97 includes the funcitonality outlined in
the web page that Tom linked to. But, worst case scenario, your child can do
their work in Word 97 and have someone else (with a more recent version) do
the export to PowerPoint.
--
Ann Scharpf

"1parkpointer" wrote:

Hi Tom,
Thank you! I suppose I should have said that the copy of Word we use
is Word97. After I copied the pages from the officehelp web site, read
at the top of the pages that the article applies to MS Word 2002 & MS
PowerPoint 2002. I do not know which version of PowerPoint is at her
school, and I don't know anything about PowerPoint myself. Our version
of Word does have 'Outline view' as is requested in the answer, however,
again I do not know anything about which powerpoint is at her school and
whether or not our Word97 is compatible with the school's powerpoint
program. Thanks again!!

--
1parkpointer
1parkpointer's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4777