Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Turbo_Shark

Default Word MailMerge - repeat some fields if next row same Client

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You are trying to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)"
mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Turbo_Shark" wrote in message
I'm trying to mailmerge from Excel 2003 into Word 2003.

Each client could have 1 or more records.

I want one letter for each client, displaying each of the items and an
amount in a tabular format eg.

Mr X

Item No Amount
1 10.00
2 20.00

I have tried using {Next Record If} but am getting spurious results.

Thanks Doug - I don't think this warrants the pain of working out the If statements. Going to cross tab the source data then have [Item1], [Amt1], [Item2] [Amt2] etc... Think they only have max 4 rows so easier to suppress blank fields. As a database developer it is quite frustrating to find that Word does not support this type of functionality.