Holden

Hi Jezebel, I have a table which has 3 columns and contains plain text in
each cell. Currently each column is sorted A to Z. I would the sort to go
alphabetically across the 3 columns, ie: Column 1 starts with letter A and
Column 3 ends with letter Z with everything in between sorted alphabetically.
So sort would start down column 1, continue at top of column 2 and down,
then continue at top of column 3 and down. Hope this explains it a bit
better.

Have copied tabled into excel and am coming up against same problem.

Regards.

"Jezebel" wrote:

You can sort the table by one or optionally two columns. If I understand you
rightly you want to sort the rows (is that what you mean by 'across all the
columns'?) -- in which case, you can't do it in Word. Copy the table to
Excel, manipulate it there as you need, then copy it back.

"Holden" wrote in message
news
I have a simple table with three columns containing straight text - a
single
word in each cell. I would like to sort the contents of across all the
columns alphbetically.

Under TableSort Columns are listed individually cannot select all
three.
Under TableSortOptions Sort Column Only is ticked & greyed out - have
not been able to unselect this option.

Any help appreciated.