Jezebel

You're right. Excel won't do that either. However, moving cells around is
very easy. Put it all into one column, sort, split it back into three.

"Holden" wrote in message
Hi Jezebel, I have a table which has 3 columns and contains plain text in
each cell. Currently each column is sorted A to Z. I would the sort to
go
alphabetically across the 3 columns, ie: Column 1 starts with letter A
and
Column 3 ends with letter Z with everything in between sorted
alphabetically.
So sort would start down column 1, continue at top of column 2 and down,
then continue at top of column 3 and down. Hope this explains it a bit
better.

Have copied tabled into excel and am coming up against same problem.

Regards.

"Jezebel" wrote:

You can sort the table by one or optionally two columns. If I understand
you
rightly you want to sort the rows (is that what you mean by 'across all
the
columns'?) -- in which case, you can't do it in Word. Copy the table to
Excel, manipulate it there as you need, then copy it back.

"Holden" wrote in message
news
I have a simple table with three columns containing straight text - a
single
word in each cell. I would like to sort the contents of across all the
columns alphbetically.

Under TableSort Columns are listed individually cannot select all
three.
Under TableSortOptions Sort Column Only is ticked & greyed out -
have
not been able to unselect this option.

Any help appreciated.