Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glendeen Glendeen is offline

Default How to put static dates on different page footers in Word

Henk, thank you - I was pretty certain that I couldn't manipulate the footer
as I wanted!

"Henk57" wrote:

Glendeen;2718659 Wrote:
I need to identify which pages in a manual/document have been updated by

changing the date in the footer. However, it changes the date on all
pages.
I'd prefer not to make a page on it's on section just to have the
footer date
be unique.

A footer is supposed to repeat on all pages within a section. Unless
you make every page a separate section - and this NOT a practice I
would recommend - you cannot use the footer area. Maybe instead you
can use a version table where you indicate the date of change of
certain paragraphs or pages, or some footnote system where you have a
date reference?

--
Henk57