This results from Word's using the OLEDB method to connect with Excel
instead of DDE. See
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...002/MM2002.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm for two workarounds (using
DDE or formatting the merge fields).

"Pookas" wrote in message

"CyberTaz" wrote:

How exactly are you "merging" the Excel content into the Word doc?

If you try InsertObjectCreate From File & then specify the Excel file
involved, the Excel formatting should be retained.

Otherwise it is probably being inserted as a Word Table which would

account
for the loss of formatting.

HTH |:)
"Pookas" wrote:

I am merging an Excel File with a Word Document (Word 2002). For

years in
the past I've had no problem but now the Excel Formatting is not

retained.
How do I get the Word Document to retain the Excel formatting?

Thanks for your help.

CyberTaz,

I am using the Merge Wizard. The Word document has MergeFields inserted

(row
1 of the Excel file). In Word 2000 the formatting is retained but in Word
2002 it is not.

Pookas