Graham Mayor

The accumulation of crashed temp files will not be helping
With Word closed, check for orphan files -
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm
which should cover the crashes themselves.

rocketman60 wrote:
Graham, I know it's bad practice but we are a law firm and a good
portion of our attached documents are never edited, only printed.
And we are using Worldox, a Document Management System, and to fill
out a complete profile for every attachment then just print it would,
I am afraid, drive the secretaries over the edge. And I know there
is something wrong as only about 25% of the systems act this way and
they receive a "Unexpected error; quitting" message.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Train the staff to save the documents to the hard drive before
opening them, or next they'll be complaining they have lost their
edits. It is bad practice to open documents directly from Outlook
attachments.

rocketman60 wrote:
We recently installed Exchange and Outlook 2003 in our office and
several people are having a problem with Word attachments. The
problem is that they will get an e-mail with several Word
attachments
and every time they open one of the attachments, another new session
of Word opens. When I say session I mean Word opens again instead of
just opening a new document window. I know this because I can
choose File, Exit and the only window that closes is the current
window.
Any ideas? O, we are using Word XP.