Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
spin spin is offline

Default Can I save a selection (a table) as a new custom style?

Can I save the way I format a table in a document as a custom style? I
format a beautiful table in my document, and want to apply the same "look" to
all my tables. But I do not see how to save my new style as a table style
based on the thing I have just created. Word wants me to start over from
scratch in the 'new style' menu box. Or it wants me to 'modify' some already
existing style.

I want to save my table style the same way I save a new paragraph stlye. I
want to SAVE SELECTION as a New quick Style or something like that.