Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WG, LI

Default Can't save formatting changes in Table of Contents!!

Hi all,

I want to change the format of a document's Table of Contents. In the 'Index
and Tables' window, I change the setting from 'From Template' to
'Distinctive' or 'Simple'. The new table is created, I'm satisfied.

I close the file and save changes.

When I re-open the file. The TOC has reverted back to the one I thought I
changed!

Does this have to do with the 'From Template' setting, or is there something
else I should be looking for? The headings are listed correctly, but the
formatting of the table I have here is not pleasing to the eye.

Help me change this for good, please. Any advice is most appreciated.