Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pauline Evans

Default mergefield time format switch ignored

I am doing a merge from Excel 2003 to Word 2003, and the field is formatted
as time in Excel (just time, no date). In Word I am trying to use a format
switch to format the time since I read that Word just gets the raw data from
Excel. My field is written as { mergefield Time \@ "HH:mm" }, which for a
value in Excel of 0:05 should give me 00:05 but instead gives me 12/30/1899
12:05:00 AM. I have tried adding or taking away spaces, single vs. double
quotes or no quotes, varying time formats, and the result is always the same.
I have searched forums for an answer and have seen other people with the same
question but have not yet seen an answer beyond what I have already tried.