View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: is there a template for writing checks on preprinted bank checks

Yes, there is a way to create a template for writing checks on preprinted bank checks using Microsoft Word. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and create a new document.
  2. Go to the "Mailings" tab and click on "Labels".
  3. In the "Labels" dialog box, click on "Options".
  4. In the "Label Options" dialog box, select the correct label vendor and product number for your preprinted checks. If you don't see your product number, you can create a custom label size by clicking on "New Label" and entering the dimensions of your check.
  5. Click "OK" to close the "Label Options" dialog box.
  6. In the "Labels" dialog box, click on "New Document". This will create a new document with a table that matches the dimensions of your preprinted checks.
  7. In the first cell of the table, type the text that you want to appear on the top of the check, such as "Pay to the order of" or "Date".
  8. Use the "Tab" key to move to the next cell and type the text that you want to appear in that location, such as the recipient's name or the check amount.
  9. Continue adding text to each cell of the table until you have filled in all the necessary information for your checks.
  10. To add the recipient's name and address to the check, you can use the "Insert Address Block" feature in the "Mailings" tab. This will pull the recipient's information from your Excel spreadsheet and insert it into the correct location on the check.
  11. To add a note to the stubs, you can simply type the text into the appropriate cells of the table.
  12. Once you have finished designing your check template, save it as a Word document so that you can easily make changes or print additional checks in the future.
  13. To print your checks, load your preprinted check stock into your printer and select the correct paper tray in the print dialog box. Then, simply print your Word document and your checks will be ready to use.

Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.