Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anup Tawde Anup Tawde is offline

Default Securing a Microsoft Word 2003 Document

Whatever you do to protect the document, there is one or the other software
to break it just as OneNote screen clipping

In this case, better option would be to create a sound file, so that the
user cannot edit it..! :-)

But again, he can listen to it and write it down..! :-D
--
Regards,
Anup

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It would take all of 30 seconds for anyone familiar with Word to get around
that. The bottom line here is that if you can see the document it is yours
to do with as you wish.

Anup Tawde wrote:
Hi Saw,

Hopefully, you do not have any form field inserted in your word
document such as a textbox. If there is not form field, you can try
following suggestions:

- open your word document which you want to protect
- go to toolsprotect document (this will open side pane for "Protect
Document")
- click to check "Allow only this type of editing in the document"
- select "Filling in forms"
- click on "Yes, Start enforcing protection"
- you will get a window asking to type password
- type, retype password and save document

If you have form fields in your document, even then you can make it
password protected but it would be a bit complex procedure. So, for
the time, try this and please reply back

I am not sure if this is the correct group to post my question to.

I wrote a microsoft word document that needs to be distributed in a
word format. However, I want to protect my document so that no one
can change but myself.

Can this be done in MicroSoft Word? If so, How can I do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.